Thursday, July 3, 2014

Still alive

     Yep, I'm still here. I'm just caught in the late June/entire July whirlwind of birthdays that belong to this family. From the end of June to the end of July, my immediate family celebrates 4 of our 6 birthdays, and then add in the 3 other July birthdays that belong to my mom, sister, and niece. Also, we have the anniversary of Will's passing. So yeah, I have little time to breathe and an ever expanding waistline due to all the yummy cake!
    It's always a lot of fun planning these days. First, is there anything sweeter than a first birthday? #4 made it to mid-cake before grabbing her bottle and attempting to put herself to sleep in her high chair. #3 was a superhero ALL day in cape and mask and even went swimming (though he did ditch the cape for it because of the water drag). Next up, my mom is the big (um, lets see, what is the youngest she could have feasibly been? Oh yeah, 47) 47 this year! And despite her herculean efforts, my birthday is a mere two days after. I'm not sure what our plans are, but there will be cake and ice cream cake, and fireworks, and steak, and antiques and RPGs........
   So, I'll update more next week when most of the crazy is gone (Mom warned she will be back though.)Meanwhile, enjoy your holiday, and remember our freedom is never free, but comes at a great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment