Thursday, May 22, 2014

Well, hello there!

First, please let me say welcome! Just having you hear is sort of, well, awesome! If you stay here, that's just great! Let me explain a few things.
       I decided to start this blog for a few reasons. My MIL recently started blogging, and I love it. Second, I am always wanting to say something to all the articles I see on Facebook with more than a one liner- about anything that affects me: breastfeeding, pro life issues, Catholicism, mothering, homeschooling, everything! And then, I just wanted to open myself and offer a slice of my life, so that people can see what it is like to be me.
     SO what am I? When I write it, it fits in a box so neatly. I'm a stay at home Mama of four here on earth, one in heaven, I homeschool, I am a devout Catholic, and a country girl at heart. So I know what pops into your head. A skirt wearing, ultra conservative who buys her daughter saint dolls and sings the divine mercy chaplet, right?Well yes, but there is so much more. For instance, I am that rare nerd who loves Lord of the Rings, Farscape, Star Wars, AND star trek (I know right?). I play rpgs, I love anything Joss Whedon does, and no, I've never seen Dr. Who. (Yes, i know, unbelievable). But I'm also a "hippy"chick who makes her own laundry soap, cloth diapers, buys organic produce, and attachment parents. I am a crafter who crochets, embroiders, cross stiches, quilts, makes jewelry, and am trying to learn to actually sew. I love the outdoors, and horses, and chickens, and once built a small barn by myself. I took welding instead of home ec. (hindsight said that was an error) and am a tomboy.
     So why Texas Convert? Because that is what I am. I am from a lot of places, but not Texas. In fact, I HATED Texas for my whole life up to appproximatly 4 years  living here in the Lone Star State. I am also a catholic covert. I was originally nothing, an agnostic, then a wiccan, then agnostic, then episcopalian. But God finally led me home, to my husband and my faith. God is truly awesome. So join me, and I may get to explain everything I just said.

No comments:

Post a Comment